I am attempting to write something right now, and it’s not going well. It seems no matter how many hours I spend staring at the computer monitor willing it to happen, inspiration is MIA. So, of course, I did the next logical thing; take to Twitter to whine about it. Luckily, one of my Twitter friends pointed me in the direction of this – the genius and hilarious David Rakoff’s thoughts on writing. Alas, it doesn’t make my piece flow any easier (it also made me think “David Rakoff is such a genius! Oh my god, DAVID RAKOFF WOULD WRITE THIS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I WOULD”, which wasn’t helpful (ah, writing spirals), but I’m comforted to know that it’s not just me out there.
Theater, Pop Culture, Stuff, and Nonsense.
Top Posts & Pages
- My Picks for the Next Dr. Who
- My Lingering Thoughts on the Oscars
- The Identity of Game of Thrones' Matt Damon Guy - Revealed!
- My Hypothetical Oscar Dress
- More Awards for the Tony Awards
- Happy April (Un)Fools!!
- Pilgrims are the Original Hipsters
- Poster Roaster: Rebecca
- I Have Strong Feelings About 'Cloud Atlas'
- The Fashion Cabal
- RT @RVAwonk: A historian fact-checked Trump's list of "accomplishments" during his first 100 days. You'll want to read this.👇 https://t.co/… 13 hours ago
- RT @Rob_Flaherty: CILLIZZA, LAST NIGHT: We should scrutinize Chelsea Clinton, a person CILLIZZA, TODAY: Let's not jump to scrutinize Ivank… 19 hours ago
- @isaachurwitz This is SO COOL. 19 hours ago
- @mrchrislowell Ugh, I know. Too much life wasted on these trains. 1 day ago
- Finally moving after 45 minutes stuck in Penn Station b/c of a disabled Amtrak train. My commute today? Over three hours. #tiredofcommuting 1 day ago